1. Lay the numbered components and hardware out near each corresponding opening. Please note that your tracks and angles come numbered and pre-drilled from our factory
2. Dry fit top track above the opening, level it and mark your wall following the pre-drilled hole we've provided.
3. Attach top track with 2 ¼" tapcons. Make sure the track is level. Leave the tapcons at the end of each track out until you install the side angles.
4. Center the wheels from the accordion shutter curtains in top track and feed in. Wheels should be closest to wall with pins to the outside. Make sure the curtain that is marked left is on the left side and the curtain marked right is on the right side. Push both curtains away from the edge of the track.
5. Attach only one of the vertical side angles with 2 1/4" tapcons and make sure it is plumb. Position side angle right up against the top track with the smaller leg facing in towards the opening.
6. Attach bottom track with 2 1/4" tapcons. Make sure the bushings in the back of the accordion are inserted in the groove of the bottom track.
7. Attach the other vertical side angle with 2 1/4" tapcons provided.
8. Attach starter strips of the accordions to the side angles with tech screws, usually #10 x 3/4" self drilling screws provided.
9. Pull both sides of accordion together and make sure it closes properly and locks.
10. Wipe down your accordion shutter and caulk the tracks and side angles.
Electric or 18V drill
3/16 cement drill bit
5/16" socket drive
2 ¼” x ¼” tapcons – Supplied free with your order.
#10 x ¾” self tapping screws – Supplied free with your order.
Our staff can walk you through any issue you may have with accordion shutter installation. If you have problems we are here for you.
Get Prepared Today! Call Us to Order: 954-474-3557 or 1-888-474-3555
or Email Us for a Free Quote in Your Area!
David G. - July - 2018 - Sarasota, Florida
We wanted to self-install so we bought accordions and roll downs from Empire Construction.We measured our window and patio and sent Empire the specs.The shutters were an exact match.Installation is very doable for two reasonably mechanical people. In this case it was only one mechanical person and some extra hands. The accordions were a breeze as installation was mostly marking holes for spots, drilling holes, and screwing them in.Our accordions have locking pins that hold them open and act as a second lock when closed. Even if a projectile breaks the lock the rods will keep the shutters closed.These shutters are Bertha HV1. They are High Velocity Hurricane Zone Approved. Having seen a wide range of shutters we are extremely happy with the quality of the product we received!!
Jim J. - June - 2018 - Homestead , Florida
I installed fourteen aluminum accordion shutters which I purchased from Empire Construction.I could not be happier with my choice.The shutters are made very well and are powder-coated.The purchase included all of the required hardware which was powder-coated to match the shutters.The company is very customer-oriented.Michael and his staff were wonderful.They were attentive, helpful, and a delight to work with.The installation video on the website made the installation very easy.I highly recommend Empire Construction to anyone considering a purchase of hurricane shutters. Thanks again. Please say Hi to everyone,